Because truth is stranger than fiction
Data and information have become commonplace, yet they remain difficult to communicate successfully.
Does this sound familiar?
- You collect research or data that gets buried in a report that few read or that gets filed away, never to be seen again?
- You present data to people but they still don't seem to understand it or find it to be relevant to them?
- You gather and/or share data but see no change in the results or outcomes that matter?
Visuals are the best way to present information because they help us learn a lot very quickly, are easily shareable, and leave lasting impressions.
Creating information-driven visuals requires in-depth content knowledge, design savvy, and audience awareness in order for them to be both engaging and easy to comprehend and act on.
Unlike others in my industry, I have expertise in communicating about technical topics. I believe that substance comes before equally-necessary style. I use accurate and appropriate words and visuals to create products that are both beautiful to look at and easy to comprehend. I take a human-centered design thinking approach, ensuring your goals will be met and expectations exceeded.
As you develop, design, and deliver your informational product, I can offer assistance with:
- Communicating with both subject matter experts and communications staff to ensure your goals are fully met
- Sourcing, analyzing, and framing data to tell the best story
- Constructing narratives for key audiences, including message development and copywriting
- Designing layout and creating visuals to supplement and support data and copy
- Advising on strategic delivery of content to audiences
I have partnered with dozens of organizations, helping them use informative visuals to broaden their reach and create real change. Will yours be next?
Informational graphics (infographics)
Reports and manuals
Upcoming Public Speaking Events
Data Visualization and Storytelling Workshop - Colorado Evaluation Network's Community of Practice meeting - January 24, 2018 5:30-7:30 p.m. - Colorado Health Foundation
Are you interested in peer-to-peer learning about data communication? Learn more about Denver Data Communicators...