Because if you teach a man to fish...
In addition to offering custom workshops for organizations, I have presented at numerous events for professionals of various sorts, including Colorado Science Conference, Colorado Association of Libraries Conference, Colorado Nonprofit Association Conference, Denver Nonprofit Institute, 48 Hours of Socially Engaged Art, Collective Impact Summit, Denver GIS Day, and meetings of the Rocky Mountain chapters of the Society for Technical Communication and the Association for Talent Development.
Please see below for a list topics I often cover. Contact me so I can customize a workshop for your audience's specific needs. Join my mailing list to hear about upcoming public speaking events and trainings!
- Learning best practices for data visualization, including what types of visuals/products to use
- Understanding principles of human-centered design and how to apply them to data visualization
- Gaining practice creating data-based stories that drive better decision making
Are you interested in peer-to-peer learning about data communication? Learn more about Denver Data Communicators...
- Assessing communication habits and understanding potential obstacles to collaboration that may result
- Using expert listening tools for inclusive dialogue and informed decision making
- Learning how visual tools improve group processes and increase productivity
- Gaining confidence using visual icons and metaphors to support real-time dialogue
Communication Strategy for individuals and groups
- Establishing effective network communication strategies for networks
- Cultivating champions of change for organizations or networks
- Creating mutually-beneficial relationships for individuals, organizations, or networks
Does your organization have a blog or newsletter I can write for? I've written guest features for the Environmental Protection Agency, National Rural Health Resource Center, Nonprofit Learning Lab, American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) Colorado, Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) Denver, and many more. Contact me to discuss how I might contribute to yours.